Shannie Town USA

My Life

Monday, February 20, 2012

My Upside Down Life

For years I have worked the Night Shift. I have pulled off 12 hour shifts, 8 hour shifts. These shifts have  started many different times, my favorite would have to be those 12 hours 1900 to -730 North Vista Hospital. Sweet! only three required. Working Three shifts would allow me 4 WONDERFUL days off with Family. These days I work the 2330 to 0800 shift. I enjoy a fast shift believe me 8 hours is nothing compared to 12, Oh and the patient load at North Vista, although Done well and effective, these days with my SBAR I am on easy street. I enjoy my random float to the Med/Surg unit, this gives me a sense of clinical importance LOL. I really like the on-going monitoring of an IV and the fluids infusing. I enjoy the patient that just needs a hand and listen moment. I like the ability to know the drugs that are to given and what to look for as the effect of the drug. I like understanding side effects and adverse reactions and working with the physician with the report of ether. I feel good knowing what I am watching for and not being afraid to call my physician on call.
    With this new appointment I am seeking in the VA southern Nevada, I know the knowledge I have from the years of health care experience I have. I will contribute a wide base of skill in total patient care from every area of the Hospital, physician and mental health setting. I am Amazing and I really enjoy my career.         

No comments:

Post a Comment