Shannie Town USA

My Life

Friday, October 29, 2010

100 miles in 30 days!

I am so energized! I have to say the web site http://www.mapmyrun.com/ is where I found my excitement. The site helps you figure the mileage you want to run or have already. The site has many other options too. My daughter Glady and I share a buddy system. Many cool thing like ideas of motivation. Glady and I are currently doing a challenge called 100 miles 30 days. 
I joined in on October 22 then I Challenged Glady. Few days ago we took a walk using a map my husband printed off from MapMyRun by  taking areas around my home and making a mileage map of different routes. Glady and I used the one that was 1 mile, we walked till we hit 3.11miles,(5K). Funny thing is Glady has a app on her phone that allows her to track her walk and add it to MapMyRun with a click. Really cool.
The interesting fun part is being so excited about how easy it was to walk a 5K I tried it again on the 27th, That day I ran/walk 6.22 miles.
Today I get home from work, eat cheerios and got on my treadmill accomplished a 3.19miles.
Who knows I might get 100 miles in 30 days... ha ha never know I will keep working on it.
Up to Now... 14.61 and remember I started this on the 22nd of October...
The Math...  3.55 miles a day for 24 more days if I skip a day, I need to double up the following day 85.39 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment