Shannie Town USA

My Life

Sunday, April 29, 2012

2012 Montana Challenge

I just started the 2012 Montana Challenge; this challenge requires a team of 5 people.  Jerry and I here on the night shift found three others that are just as excited.
Patty
Lisa
Suzan
We came up with a name; “The Psycho Babblers”
 Our team is to exercise a minimum of 150 minutes per week each to reach a goal of 10,000 minutes.
This challenge will start April 29th to July 28th
We get extra points for drinking water, participating in active events like the VA2K which is on May 16th and then another one June 2nd  The whole team will attend to gather extra points!
All in all we plan to have fun. I was made team captain and this will entail logging our team minutes and bonus points.  We will take pictures and be sure to beat every other unit FOR SURE!!

     On another subject this challenge kind of helps me out with a goal I have. The goal is like a pie if you will, in that one piece of pie equals a small goal and as each goal is accomplished they all will make me whole.
     The book my daughter told me to buy is called, The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I found myself saying I would only read, “The note to the reader”, and then Glady and I would start the project.  After reading that intro I really started to think, How can I start this project without acknowledging or in Gretchen’s words, “identify what brings you joy.”
     I had to take time to think about that. Should I start with generality? Then move to a more detailed look at the whole pie? Well, I just did not know. But as it goes…I am happy to be sharing this with my daughter, because I am lost at times.  Never the less I did come up with what my goals are and it will take many pieces in the pie to make me fully happy.

1 comment: