Shannie Town USA

My Life

Monday, April 12, 2010

Amenorrhea ! Yippee!

Age 40 to 65. Okay I get it! I found myself looking forward to the fact of Menopause. This is a good thing I felt. Why not? I mean, I am woman, had my children and now I have my wonderful grandchildren. I love the part about NO MORE PERIODS. I am sooo ready for this time of my life. Why not? I am still a bit on the cute side. I am smart. So what if I am gaining the gray hair? My mom said, "buy Miss. Clairol"
Yes, my skin needs extra moisturizers. Oh don't tell me about all the bad signs of getting OLD. I know them. I see the advertisements, and how they focus on special makeup to help with fine lines. The new "Cougar" ship lines. I see and understand it all.
I have watched my mother and sisters age, I must say my favorite person is my Mommy. She is the true sign of a woman. Mom just married not yet a year ago is continuing to live life to the fullest. My Mom worked all my life. raised all us kids (8 in all). and always found time to hug, help, and nail strong family values. Yes, if your wondering I did have a Father. he was an amazing man. My mom knew her children needed both a man and a woman to raise a child into someone that will foster their own strengths, talents, and actions.
Now you can Imagine how I felt when the absents of My Happy Days, Gift, Prize or what ever you call it was missing from my life for a total of 10 weeks! WoW!
So you can understand how unhappy I was when yesterday the feeling of painful cramps, heaviness and the on-going need to change my well you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment